Veterans Day! Should be made a bigger deal! I am so thankful for all those that have done what they have done for our country, and that does include those military families. We went out to dinner on Veterans day and i ended up talking with an elderly couple that was just great! I really enjoyed talking to them. He had served in the military years ago and was telling me stories about it, it was very interesting to listen to all he had to say. I went home and just felt a happy vibe.
I have been thinking a lot about my life right now and my life growing up, I have been through a lot of crap, let alone for someone my age, but there are people out there a lot worse off then I am, I am able to sleep at night in my warm bed, I don't rely on my parents or my in laws one bit, I know a lot of people that still get tons of stuff from their parents, (help them with car payments, babysitting, money, etc), I am proud to say I am where I am today because of myself. I raise my son with my husband, we have a house because of the sacrifices we have made. When Ryan and I got married our wedding was small, cheap and thrown together, my parents helped a little bit, but my wedding was only around $3,000 no one went into debt over it. I learned how to pay bills and manage money on my own, Ryan and I aren't perfect but we don't rely on anyone but ourselves. Being a military wife at one point I learned how to be on my own and deal with things, and I am proud of that. I am thankful for my wonderful parent and everything that taught me, most of which they don't even know. :)
On another note, sense switching jobs I have learned a lot. I was making a little more money at my last job, the drive wasn't as far, and I actually enjoyed the job it self, I liked working in collections and working with the elderly, let me just say, I didn't send anyone to collections that didn't deserve to go to collections. I helped them out a lot, payment plans, extended payments, no late fees, everything possible. It was some of the other people I worked with that made the job horrible and I didn't even want to go to work. (an example, we hadn't charged this lady for over 3 years but a computer or human error, well they randomly sent her a bill, this lady is in his mid 80's keep in mind living on a small income, it was OUR mistake so in my mind we shouldn't be able to bill her for those past 3 years! That is just insane!) And they were just rude 90% of the time, not only to be but to customers. Changing jobs was scary of course but in the end it was prob one of the best things I have ever done, I am working in a total different business now but I like my job and my coworkers, I go to work happy and come home happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment