About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 beautiful kids. Married to a bearded stud. I enjoy the sun in the summer time

Friday, August 12, 2011

Post 202

How to handle the loss of a loved one?

Obvious there is no answer...
No one can honestly answer that.
People might have an idea or experience of what you might be going through but its only a thought really.. They didn't have the same relationship with that person, they didn't have to deal with the same death as that loved one. I'm not trying to sound like 'mine was harder' or a 'poor picked on me' type person, but i want the realization to be known. Death is such a terrible thing. I am 23yrs old.. I lost my Grandma Roberts at age 10. I didn't understand death but it didn't drastically change my life either, family events where just... different. My Uncle Squirrel passed away when I was 18. I was living in Hawaii when I found out he had cancer, diagnosed in April, thought he was doing better, passed away in August. Being older it hurt, the realization was there.. i might never see him again. I am agnostic (don't worry i wont share my beliefs of that on here). Feb 2008, finishing Ryan's time in Hawaii with the military, raising a my 6 month old baby whom family is so excited to meet, really enjoying life...
I got the phone call which changed my life... It wasn't until August that my mom passed away.. I just had just turned 20, my son was about to turn 1 at that point. I had lost my mother... My life changed forever! I went into a deep depression, one that I can't explain.. its funny how people look content, normal, happy, etc on the outside when they are suffering from disease. I still don't think I have recovered or ever will. Life is too fragile.

No comments: