About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 beautiful kids. Married to a bearded stud. I enjoy the sun in the summer time

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Post 207

Its been 8 days sense I started and wanted to share my results so far...

I have been researching and I came across a '30 day vegan pledge' and changed it up... I started a '30 day Vegetarian Pledge' (technically its a 30 day pescetarian Pledge). I have done something similar in the past I went 2 weeks without eating any meat (exp Fish). I know I am not a Vegetarian but I wanted to try it and see what it was like. So Far its been a great experience, I am always trying new things, (which I know I can do without being a Vegetarian). Red Meat wasn't really my favorite thing but I am a lover of chicken and pig. I came across... Reasons to become a vegetarian and my favorite things are:
  • Animals raised for meat are fed a variety of chemicals and hormones that are ingested by consuming most commercially produced meats.
  • Meat takes three days to pass through the human system. For optimum health, men need to digest food within 24 hours, women in 18 hours
  • Obesity. Studies confirm that vegetarians tend to be thinner than meat eaters. Obesity is considered by doctors to be a disease within itself.
  • Body wastes. Food from animals contain their waste, including adrenaline, uric and lactic acid, etc., Before adding ketchup, the biggest contributors to the "flavor profile" of a hamburger are the leftover blood and urine.
I personally LOVE fast food, its quick, easy & cheap... With this its much harder to eat things at fast food places which encourages me to try new things which is generally cheaper & healthier then fast food.
I'm not trying to push it on anyone but wanted to share my story so far to someone who is thinking about it...
GO FOR IT
:)

No comments: