About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 beautiful kids. Married to a bearded stud. I enjoy the sun in the summer time

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Post 369

Not even a month old and I can't imagine my life without her. How did I get so blessed to have 2 beautiful kids?  I thought my heart couldn't hold any more love for my family but it was taken to an entire new level after my daughter was placed on my chest. The emotion that overtook me is indescribable. 

Birth Story:
It started off by being told we should be ready to go into the hospital at 5am to be induced. She had been breech and the doctor was going to try and turn her which could put too much stress on her and turn into an emergency c-section. It could not work and he would have to perform an emergency c-section, or she could turn and then they would break my water and go from there. I hardly slept the night before and then woke up at 3:30am and got ready. Long story short we didn't get to go into the hospital until about 8am.  They had to check my fluid level to see if he could even attempt to turn her. Normal range is 10-25 so I need to at least have 10. Well I was at 22, the high end of normal. After checking that they started my epidural and block ( numbs me from the chest down). I was worried about that, with Rayce I was given the epidural twice and it only numbed half of me. He asked me a few times if I felt anything, I feared it wasn't going to work, when all the sudden I felt a sudden rush in my left leg. It was such a weird feeling, not too long after I felt it all over. After experiencing that I don't think the epidural I had with Rayce worked even half. Dr. Froerer came in and started turning her, well her feet and her head were both down as well as the umbilical cord. He then attempted to turn her all the way around, he said after 1,000+ deliveries he'd never done that before. She  turned and was head down but face up, they proceeded to break my water and start the potoeson. Being numbed like that was such a weird feeling. When they checked if I was dilated I could feel it but not the pain. I was told the night before to not eat or drink anything after midnight just in case I had to have a c-section. I was ok with the not eating thing but not drinking anything was so hard. I was finally told I could have ice chips which I loved but then was told I could have flavored ice chips which were like heaven!! I ended up having every flavor a few times. I had blue/ purple lips and the shakes from the epidural, I prob looked liked I had hypothermia. Around 4pm I started to feel a few contractions, they weren't bad and at that point I thought I was getting close so I didn't want to have more Meds and not feel the delivery so I pushed through for a little bit until I started crying, not necessarily from pain but overcome with emotion. 
I ended up getting pain Meds. Finally it was time to start pushing around 6:30ish    After about 18 pushes Caylin was here at 6:49 pm. I asked if she could be placed on my chest as soon as I saw her I started crying. She was finally here and everything was perfect! 

 Here is the turn..


Getting the IV started

 BLUE ICE CHIPS.. YAY!

 I look huge.. i know..

 Ryan, Susie & Jennie (Before Gaites came) waiting...

Contractions.. 

Finally my little princess is here...


No comments: