I applied for the accounting/ collections job at work, not thinking much of it really because I have never really thought of doing accounting, I knew they were wanting to hire someone asap, and the week went by and I didn't hear anything, so I figured they hired someone else with more experience (there were a lot of people applying), no biggie. Then I get asked for a interview with the BIG boss of the company and the another big guy of the company! AHHH... Long story short, I must of said something right cuz I got the job! I started some training last Friday and was suppose to be full time training on Monday, so on my way to work
yesterday(Monday)... As you all know it was snowy, I was only about 5-10mins away from my house, I wasn't following the car in front of me closely, they started to slow down so I decided I should too, well the car started to slide not slow down, so I took my foot off the break and tried again, still nothing, scared I was going to hit the car in front of me I decided to turn down a side street, well the steering wheel turned, the car didn't! I knew eventually it would so I tried to straighten it back to normal, well thats when the car turned, slide right over the curb and over the street sign!!!! SCARY as crap! I haven't ever really been in an accident and of course I had Rayce in the car with me! :(
The cop said I made the right choice by NOT hitting the car in front of me because then there would be a lawsuit and complaining of "my neck, my back, $$$" My car had to get towed! The outside doesn't look bad, its mainly underneath, the car wouldn't even move, the passenger wheel wasn't even connected really! And of course I'm not old enough (25) to get a rental car! Long story short, its expensive, sucks and I hate the snow even more!
Ok so... they towed my car, checked it out and just with the naked eye they are saying $9,000 in total damages, which means there is more damage that they haven't seen yet, so they are considering it TOTALED because its coming close to the valve of the car, all I can say to that is THANK GOD we got GAP coverage!!! Now all I have to do is find a new car, in the mean time getting back to work is going to be a pain! Ryan and I work different schedules and we can't afford to keep the rental forever! I went and got everything out of my car and said 'good bye', i hated it but at the same time it was kinda sad! I honestly didn't think they would consider it totaled. Once I get some picture from the body shop I will have to post them.. until then.. here are some of when we first got it...

You can tell in this picture where the thing tore.


No comments:
Post a Comment