About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 beautiful kids. Married to a bearded stud. I enjoy the sun in the summer time

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Post 191

My heart is broken about this story...
Foul Ball Story Link . I was thinking this was a crazy fan going out of his way to catch this ball. The news actually showed the video and to me to looked like a freak accident, he caught the ball and just kinda lost his balance. He was there with his 6 year old son. I can't even fathom what his wife/son are going through. The news say he was talking on his way to the hospital then later died. My heart goes out to this family. I have read some of the comments on KSL...

"I just about got hit with a fast foul ball at a Bees game. I haven't been back, nor will i allow my kids to attend because of the dangerous nature of the game. Time for tall fences or face big lawsuits"

When you enter the ballpark you should enter knowing that they are foul balls, its a ball park for christ sake. Also when driving your car you should know what the risks are, as well as cooking and doing anything else.
Accidents happen, they are just that, accidents. Living life is taking a chance in itself. The railings aren't that low, if you watch the video you can tell they are at an acceptable height, the man was tall and freak accidents happen. My heart also goes out to Josh Hamilton, he was just throwing a souvernier to a man and his son. I will still be attending the ball games and will allow my son to go as well.

No comments: