About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 beautiful kids. Married to a bearded stud. I enjoy the sun in the summer time

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Post 192

Rise Against has quickly became one of my favorite bands. I have liked them for awhile now, I use to listen to them in Hawaii hear and there but just recently they came out with a song called 'Make It Stop' The video is touching and sounds out a good message, here are the lyrics:

"bang bang go the coffin nails, like a breath exhaled,
been gone forever.it seems just like yesterday, how did i miss the red flags raise these back, the days we left.we braved these bitter storms together.brought to his knees he cried,but on his feet he died.what god would damn a heart?and what god drove us apart?what god could make it stop?let this end.eighteen years pushed to the ledge.it's come to this,a weightless step on the way down singing,woah, woah.bang bang from the closet walls,the schoolhouse halls,the shotgun's loaded.push me and i'll push back.i'm done asking, i demand.from a nation under god,i feel it's love like a cattle prod.born free, but still they hate.bore me, i can't change.it's always darkest just before the dawn.so stay awake with me, let's prove them wrong.make it stop.let this end,eighteen years pushed to the ledge.it's come to this,a weightless step.on the way down singing,woah, woah.the cold river washed him away,but how could we forget.gathering candles, but not their tongues.and too much blood has flown from the wrist,of children shamed for those they chose to kiss.who will rise to stop the blood.we're coming for,insisting on, a different beat, yeah.a brand new song"

I decided at that point I need to listen to the rest of the albums. I came across this song/video and can't get enough of it

Lyrics to Hero Of War :
He said, “Son, Have you see the world?Well, what would you say If I said that you could?Just carry this gun and you’ll even get paid.”I said, “That sounds pretty good.” Black leather boots Spit-shined so bright They cut off my hair but it looked alright We marched and we sang We all became friends As we learned how to fight A hero of warYeah that’s what I’ll be And when I come home They’ll be damn proud of me I’ll carry this flag To the grave if I must Because it’s flag that I love And a flag that I trust I kicked in the door I yelled my commands The children, they criedBut I got my man We took him away A bag over his faceFrom his family and his friends They took off his clothes They pissed in his hands I told them to stop But then I joined in We beat him with gunsAnd batons not just onceBut again and again A hero of war Yeah that’s what I’ll be And when I come home They’ll be damn proud of meI’ll carry this flag To the grave if I must Because it’s flag that I love And a flag that I trust She walked through bullets and haze I asked her to stopI begged her to stay But she pressed on So I lifted my gun And I fired away The shells jumped through the smokeAnd into the sand That the blood now had soaked She collapsed with a flag in her hand A flag white as snow A hero of war Is that what the see Just medals and scars So damn proud of meAnd I brought home that flag Now it gathers dust But it’s a flag that I love It’s the only flag I trust"

This band has some of the greatest lyrics, unbelievably talented. Please check them out, they are very inspirational as well.

1 comment:

Shaneners said...

They are one of my favorite bands. They have been for years now. I have seen them in concert. Once at the warped tour and at the Saltair. One of the best concerts ever!