About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 beautiful kids. Married to a bearded stud. I enjoy the sun in the summer time

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Post 12

August 10th, 2008 UPDATE: I actually only had to add 2 things to this so I saved it as a draft over a week ago. finally here it is..

This is a list of the top 100 movies according to AFI. In BOLD is the movies I have seen, Italic means I agree it should be on this list, in BOLD off to the side are movies not on the list that should be not in any order.

Sorry this is really long, it actually took me a few days to do.
Looking over it, I noticed I pretty much added my own as they came to mind. I didn't agree with most of these movies being on here, or I hadn't seen most.

1) Citizen Kane (1941) THE NOTEBOOK

2) Casablanca (1942) THE DARK KNIGHT

3) The Godfather (1972) TRISTAN & ISOLDE

4) Gone with the Wind (1939) THE DEPARTED
Would like to see.

5) Lawrence of Arabia (1962) THE PRESTIGE

6) The Wizard of Oz (1939)
I still love this movie.

7) The Graduate (1967) CRASH

8) On the Waterfront (1954) BECAUSE I SAID SO

I only saw part of this and NEED to watch the whole thing!

10) Singin' in the Rain (1952) P.S. I LOVE YOU

11) It's a Wonderful Life (1946) BANG BANG YOUR DEAD

12) Sunset Boulevard (1950) SUPERBAD

13) The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) THE BREAKFAST CLUB

14) Some Like It Hot (1959)
Marilyn Monroe is a goddess!

15) Star Wars (1977)
I am a Star Wars fan.

16) All About Eve (1950) HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS

17) The African Queen (1951) NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

18) Psycho (1960) ALICE IN WONDERLAND

19) Chinatown (1974)WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE

20) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) EVERAFTER

21) The Grapes of Wrath (1940) EDWARD SCISSORHANDS

22) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) GARDEN STATE

23) The Maltese Falcon (1941) PANIC ROOM

24) Raging Bull (1980) S.W.A.T

25) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) ROMEO & JULIET
Sadly I have not seen this whole movie, it scared me as a kid. ha ha.

26) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) CARS

27) Bonnie and Clyde (1967) ELF

28) Apocalypse Now (1979) CRAZY/BEAUTIFUL

29) Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) JAR HEAD

30) The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) ST. ELMO'S FIRE


31) Annie Hall (1977) 16 CANDLES

32) The Godfather Part II (1974) ATONEMENT

33) High Noon (1952) ALPHA DOG

34) To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) SLC PUNK
eh.. I don't see all the hype.

35) It Happened One Night (1934) WHERE THE HEART IS


36) Midnight Cowboy (1969) KNOCKED UP

37) The Best Years of Our Lives (1946) 40YR OLD VIRGIN

38) Double Indemnity (1944) WEDDING CRASHERS

39) Doctor Zhivago (1965) HOCUS POCUS

40) North by Northwest (1959) BLACK HAWK DOWN

41) West Side Story (1961)NAPOLEON DYNAMITE

42) Rear Window (1954)TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE


43) King Kong (1933) PRETTY WOMEN

44) The Birth of a Nation (1915) THE WEDDING DATE

45) A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) SERENDIPITY


46) A Clockwork Orange (1971) CRUEL INTENTIONS
I only watch the first 30 mins and HATED IT!! I can't believe its on here!

47) Taxi Driver (1976) FIGHT CLUB

48) Jaws (1975) ALONG CAME POLLY

49) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Childhood memories

50) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) AMERICAN OUTLAWS

51) The Philadelphia Story (1940) TIGER LAND

52) From Here to Eternity (1953) TOMMY BOY

53) Amadeus (1984) THE ILLUSIONIST

54) All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) OFFICE SPACE

55) The Sound of Music (1965) A WALK TO REMEMBER

56) M*A*S*H (1970) DISTURBIA
I watched the show.

57) The Third Man (1949) TRANSFORMERS

58) Fantasia (1940)
Disney on an acid trip.

59) Rebel Without a Cause (1955) RIDING IN CARS WITH BOYS

60) Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) SEX & THE CITY

61) Vertigo (1958) 50 FIRST DATES

62) Tootsie (1982) PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

63) Stagecoach (1939) SWEENEY TODD

64) Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) V FOR VENDETTA

65) The Silence of the Lambs (1991) SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
GOOD MOVIE BUT NOT IN MY TOP MOVIES.

66) Network (1976) CRY BABY

67) The Manchurian Candidate (1962) CAST AWAY

68) An American in Paris (1951) 30 GOING ON 30

69) Shane (1953) JUNO

70) The French Connection (1971) REIGN OVER ME

71) Forrest Gump (1994)
"Momma always said life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going get"

72) Ben-Hur (1959) GOOD LUCK CHUCK

73) Wuthering Heights (1939) PATCH ADAMS

74) The Gold Rush (1925) STEPMOM

75) Dances with Wolves (1990) RUNAWAY BRIDE

76) City Lights (1931) CINDRELLA

77) American Graffiti (1973) LORD OF THE RINGS

78) Rocky (1976) THE BUCKET LIST

79) The Deer Hunter (1978) THE 6TH SENSE

80) The Wild Bunch (1969) FINDING NEMO

81) Modern Times (1936) MONSTERS INC

82) Giant (1956) BIG FISH

83) Platoon (1986) GHOST

84) Fargo (1996) OCEANS 11

85) Duck Soup (1933) WAYNE'S WORLD

86) Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) TOMMY BOY


87) Frankenstein (1931) SPEED

88) Easy Rider (1969) DIRTY DANCING

89) Patton (1970) FACE OFF

90) The Jazz Singer (1927) BEHIND ENEMY LINES

91) My Fair Lady (1964) HOSTEL

92) A Place in the Sun (1951) CLUELESS

93) The Apartment (1960) ZOOLANDER

94) Goodfellas (1990) BETTLEJUICE

95) Pulp Fiction (1994) THE WEDDING SINGER
I know, I need to see this one.

96) The Searchers (1956) CABLE GUY

97) Bringing Up Baby (1938) PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

98) Unforgiven (1992) UNFAITHFUL

99) Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967) TOY STORY

100) Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942) TERMINATOR

No comments: