About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 beautiful kids. Married to a bearded stud. I enjoy the sun in the summer time

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Post 308

Rayce was admitted to Primary Children's Hospital Friday night. Thursday night he started throwing up, Friday morning he couldn't keep anything down and continued to throw up. We took him into see the doctor who went over his tests. They also confirmed he has mono, she advised us to take him to Primary ER right away. He ended up being hooked to an IV for dehydration. The continued to run tests including a CT scan (Constant vomiting can be caused from a Brain Mass/ Tumor), the CT scan can back normal (thank god). He has continued to throw up every day. Sunday was he birthday, he turned 5. We let him open his gifts Saturday night so he wouldn't have to wait until Sunday night when Dad got home. He's been very sluggish but Sunday he seemed to have a little more energy. Monday we decided to let him go to school, he woke up feeling good he said. I had my doctor appointment Monday afternoon and was tested for CMV virus, if I have never had the virus I could give it to the baby and lots of bad things would happen from there. We won't know the results til tomorrow (positive thoughts, fingers crossed), best thing would be that I had it when I was younger and my body already be protecting the baby. If I test negative I could be tested often. I did get an ultrasound, say the beautiful little flicker of the heartbeat on the screen. I picked Rayce up from daycare he had a small snack threw up and fell asleep at 6pm. I didn't want to wake him so we let him sleep, he slept until 7:30am this morning had a small sip of water and threw up again. He fell back to sleep until 9:30am. He hardly eats/ drinks and has stayed in bed all day. Napped from 2:30-5:30. His bday party is on Saturday  we are hoping and praying he will feel better by then. It breaks my heart to see how much weigh he has lost and we still have no answers. We have been able to cross possible things off the list which is nice, but not having answers still is frustrating and exhausting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so horrible, Chealse! I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you guys. I've been thinking about poor little Rayce, sending you all good vibes and positive thoughts! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!